Thursday, 10 January 2008

To Melbourne and back

I arrived back in Istanbul last Saturday after spending two weeks back home in Melbourne. I love going home. It is amazing the appreciation you have for somewhere when you are so far away from it.

I spent my time with family and catching up with friends. It is a nice time of year to be there with Christmas, New Year and the summer. Christmas Day was spent eating amazing food: prawns, roast lamb, turkey and delicous salads followed by yummy desserts of traditional Christmas cake and home made tiramisu.









Since moving to London I always loved the thought of holidays at home and seeing everyone and cramming as much as I could into a short time. My little nephews M and L have grown up lots. I have especaially noticed M's development with his words and fine motor skills. He is attending Montessori and it seems like his is benefitting from it. He is a sweet boy with a lovely manner. I especially love it when he says "love you Auntie". When we talk on the phone he always says that as he passes the phone back to mum. He likes to talk on the phone. He likes to tell me about things that have happened and things he feels are important. Like the car with the driver's side mirror and how it is not attached to the door so when the door opens, it doesnt move. He is very smart.























Little L is a busy little man. He doesnt like to sleep much and he likes to eat choc, as he calls it. He likes to take dvd's from the dvd player and slide them along the floor until they are too scratched to work again. He likes the dvd 'Cars' and also the Wiggles. I learnt that his favourite word (particularly towards me) is "no". He is a climber and you will find him on the step ladder, dinner table, couch, or back of dad's 4x4 truck.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute little mates! Blog is looking good oids!