Sunday, 17 February 2008

It's snowing!!

I could not believe my eyes this week as snow finally fell in Istanbul. Coming from Melbourne, I have never witnessed snow falling in the city. Even while I lived in the UK for 15 months, I never saw it snow properly. So the snow arrived early in the week but really came down fast yesterday morning and continued through most of today. And I was glad that I managed to get some shots of it to show those in the southern hemisphere who experienced 34 degrees in Melbourne today.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! Love it!

Ardent said...

Renai, the photo's look lovely. Hate to tell you this, while you are persevering with the snow, I was sunbaking in Lorne. Stayed 3 days, arrived home last night. The weather was hot!!!!!

renai said...

Ardent, I'm so jealous! I was reading news online and seeing temps of 34 degrees! As it is generally the hottest month in Melbourne, it is generally the coldest month here. I'm glad to have experienced it though. But really wished I could have been at Lorne too while we were trying to get the car out of the snow!