Lately I have been thinking about what I can do to save the planet a bit more. Turks are not very earth friendly with their endless packaging, plastic bags and littering. Recycling is not that popular and I must admit I recently reverted to throwing the bottles in with the rest of the garbage; something I would never dream of doing in Australia. We have a recycling hub (one of those big dome shaped things) in our compound which requires me to walk with a bag full of items and post them into the right slot whether it be paper/cardboard, plastic or glass. I have no problem with this although when the dome is full and remains full for weeks on end, I become reluctant to visit the hub to make my deposit. In Aus people recycle all things; tins, paper, glass and even food scraps which are collected on the same day of each week or recyclable collection can occur on alternating weeks. I feel here we are behind the eight ball a bit maybe by about 10 years or so with the 'westernised' concepts of earth saving habits.
Yesterday, care of http://www.pukkaliving.com/, (a great web site for those living and visiting the Bul) an article about Baggu Reusable Shopping Bags. Designed by mother and daughter team, Joan and Emily, you can do your bit to save the planet and still look cool. They are great bags and what I like about them is is that the length is spot on so you can carry it by had, on your arm or on your shoulder. I like that. I was thinking to pick some up via their website. Not only can you fit 2-3 plastic bags of groceries in one Baggu but 6 bags can hold a whole shopping trolley worth! They are ethically made in China from 100% ripstop nylon.
1 comment:
love it oids! hook me up!
Post a Comment