What happened with the weather?
It's gone from normal-pleasant-summer-days to almost turning-on-the-heating-nights. I hate to turn on the heat before November, but really, it's getting there.
I was kind of looking forward to pleasant weather during Bayram next week, but I doubt it will be nice. Ho hum. It reminds me of Melbourne a bit or Canberra even, given I will be in Ankara. Yes, I know....Ankara. I am trying not to get depressed about the reality of spending a week there, but what can a girl do when that's where the out-laws live? Maybe a side trip to the village will be a nice distraction. Could go a few days in the garden eating strawberries, fresh radishes, tomatoes and fresh eggs. Maybe catching a fish or something in the lake. There is only so many laps of Ankamall a girl can do.
I guess I am totally bummed too that my sister-in-law is getting married on the first business day after the Bayram holiday, which means two things; 1) that she is getting married on a Monday and 2) I won't be there to see it because I have to come back to work. I never heard of a Monday wedding. Did anyone? And, to do it after the Bayram. Even worse, I heard to get married between two Bayrams (this one and the one in December) is bad luck. And she is doing it twice. One here, and another one in France two weeks later. Does that mean double bad luck? Neyse.
In more exciting news my sister will be here to visit in early January!! Given her little business has taken off on a international level, she will be stopping by here, en route to London for business, for 3 days! I'm so stoked that she will see Istanbul in winter! Hopefully it doesn't snow then and we can still manage to get out and about and see Istanbul Modern and its photography exhibit, Kasimpaşa market (if it's open then), maybe the Salvador Dali exhibit at Sakıp Sabancı Museum, plus many shopping trips to various places and of course loads of cooking and eating! Having her in Istanbul will be a great prelude to our trip back home in late January, which I am also very excited about!
3 comments:
'It's gone from normal-pleasant-summer-days to almost turning-on-the-heating-nights.'
My mother is currently holidaying in Cyprus. On the 3rd of October she is leaving Cyprus to do a pre-booked 4 week tour of Turkey.
Shame she only packed Summer clothes.:(
Oh ardent. Maybe in the south it will still be nice but Istanbul has really cooled down. Ive been checking the forecast and next week looks better than this one. But the weekend is all showers and tops of 18! All in all though, your mum should have a great time here regardless!
I know - what has been going on?! Although the sun has been gorgeous the past few days. Great about your sister visiting - I checked out her business - the cards are gorgeous!
Post a Comment