Last week when we did crazy shopping in anticipation of the out law arrival, we bought a kilo of beans, in the hope that Kenan's mum might cook them.
She didn't get the chance to unfortunately, so I thought I would give it a go making string beans in olive oil or zeytinyağlı Çalı fasulye. I was surprised and pleased. They turned out great! So very easy.
1 kilo beans, cleaned and cut in half length ways
2 tomatoes, diced
1 onion, grated
1 tbsp sugar
5 garlic cloves
1 cup of warm water
Basically, throw everything in the pot and boil on medium for 1 hour. What I learnt was that the sugar is the key to having it taste like it tastes in restaurants. I wondered if 1 cup of water would be enough, and it was. The beans will release their water as well and it helps to cook it all through. You can eat cold or hot.
2 comments:
These beans look absolutely Yum. I have some stringless beans in the fridge. I think I will make this recipe tomorrow. However 5 garlic cloves sounds a bit heavy ... but I bet it tastes divine. I shall also add the sugar.
:)
And olive oil!
Post a Comment