We are heading home in one week to have our 'second' wedding in Melbourne and to catch up with family and friends over a long needed break in the sunshine.
During the summer here in August I was in Melbourne, so I unfortunately missed out on a warm summer holiday. So this is my chance to feel the sun on my skin (with SPF 30+ of course!), enjoy some time with family and friends and relax and take in the time away from Istanbul and the winter!
We will have two days in Singapore on the way back. It's my first time staying there and I'm not too sure what I should put on the Top 10 List of things to do and see. So if you have any suggestions, please drop me a line and let me know. Husband has been there before, but he's done it all before, and given I'm a keen shopper and up for a bargain, some tips from those who have been before would be helpful!
4 comments:
I hope you have a great time and a gorgeous second wedding!
Hello Renai;congratulations for your second wedding.I've been to Singapore twice,and I reccomend you to go to Sentosa Island.It's an artificial tropic Island,and it is gorgeous.In my opinion the most fun place in Singapore.Have fun.
Hi, I was in Singapore for 2 months, while my parents were living there. I agree that Sentosa is great and you should go! Its illegal to play in the sand there so be careful. It was shipped there to the beaches.
My most favorite thing I did was go to the Singapore zoo. I normally hate zoos, but this one was pretty cool. What was especially awesome is that for a pretty small fee, you could hold a baby chimp or orangatang. That was AMAZING! There is also an evening/night safari at the zoo which I really loved. OK. I was 20... but it was great.
The whole place has the most amazing public transportation system and you can travel very easily and safely. Its 85% chinese, with a lot of immigrant workers from surrounding countries. Be prepared to feel HUGE. I am 62 inches and a small woman in the West, but I still felt normal to large sized there. In addition, be prepared that everyone will think you are rich and stare at you a little. Most white people in Singapore are, so its a safe bet on their part. Everybody speaks English as this is the national language... but most people speak Chinese with each other and at home. Notice how racially segregated the society is (or maybe this has been overcome in the last 10 years). When I was there, if you were Filipino, you did one thing (like drive cars). If you were Malaysian, you did another menial job... and if you were Indian, yet another. Another thing my parents told me is that many employers pay different races different pay.
The downtown is just a bunch of high end shops (rolex, smolex stuff). Boring in my opinion.
Another thing I liked was having "high tea" at the posh hotels like the Taj Mahal. I can't remember which one, but there is one high tea held on a REALLY high floor (like the 70th) that overlooks the whole city. There are 70+ teas to choose from, and HUNDREDS of amazing little bites to eat from savory to sweet.
I would normally recommend mini- trips to Malaysia or Indonesia but it sounds like you are only there for 2 days.
Congrats on your second wedding. Hope you're enjoying your trip.
Post a Comment