Monday, 13 April 2009

Spring has sprung

I felt like a change of photo this month as Spring continues to show itself more and more each day. It's taking a while to warm up but I can feel it in the air. I can smell it too, especially when I get home in the evening and wonder through the courtyard to our flat. The smell of fresh leaves and grass. My mood improves and I feel happier that the days are getting longer.


The photo above was taken in Nisyros in summer in 2007 when I ventured over there with my sister for a friends very big Greek wedding. It feels like yesterday we were there. The picture brings back happy memories of the summer and being able to spend time with my sister amongst our Greek friends eating delicious meals of spit roasted lamb, copious amounts of fresh yogurt and honey and the most delicious fresh seafood and drinking endless frappes, retsina and Mythos.


This summer I'm not sure where I will go or what I will do. Last August I went home to Melbourne and was shocked by the cold weather and felt I suffered by not getting a much needed vitamin D hit. I think I need to see the sun this year in order to warm my bones, heal my skin and recharge my internal batteries.


Where are you all going this summer?

4 comments:

Verity said...

We were actually thinking of Greece this year, but now we are leaning towards exploring Turkey a little more. Maybe Alacati, Ilaca or Assos. Come to think of it _I think we talked about this! anyway - now you know twice!

Anonymous said...

what about meeting me in singers oids????? could be fun..:)

renai said...

ooh, great minds think alike! Was thinking about it at lunch time!

emily said...

Let me know if you head down to the Didim/akbuk area...packed with vitamin D down here :)