The countdown to anything; whether it be the end of the work day, end of the work week, special event, or to a holiday always brings about a level of anticipation that is hard to match, well, for me anyway. I love the countdown to exciting things such as weekends, holidays, catch ups with close friends and sometimes even bed time when I'm really exhausted!
I am now on the countdown to my trip home and although with every passing day it gets me closer to that day, I still feel like it's just not going fast enough. Patience is not something I have much of. I know I should be more patient, and everyone tells me the days will fly by and I'll be there before I know it.
Anticipation. It's a great thing. I'm glad it exists. Since moving here, anticipation has become my good friend. Anticipation keeps me hopeful and it makes me feel like there is a big reward at the end of 12 months of hard work. It's like the ultimate gift. Nothing beats it.

2 comments:
I hear you. I moved to a foreign land too, thousands of miles away from home. I'm planning a trip soon and I understand when you say "Anticipation keeps me hopeful" I hope the time soon comes and the wait ends for the both of us :)
Great post oids! I'll be waiting at the airport.. :)
Post a Comment