Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Do you see what I see?

Isn't it funny how life can just start to change in the blink of an eye. It can put you on a path that's like a one way street where you can never turn back. It's exciting, the thought of the unexpected and new, but scary at the same time. 

I am on that road now as I hit my sixth month of pregnancy. I'm thrilled, happy, scared, worried, elated and getting bigger with each passing week. 

Today as I stood in the kitchen and looked down at my feet I noticed that I could see more of my tummy than my feet and it seems to be all so real now. I spent the first twenty weeks wondering if it was all really happening and worrying about what could go wrong but once I felt those little feet tapping the inside of belly, I knew it was for real.  

Becoming a parent brings up a million and one emotions, fears, thoughts, expectations and concerns but I am glad to be where I am now. We have played the failure, disappointment, patience, try again game for a while now so we are ready for what the next stage of life has install for us.

I'm going to try my hardest not to turn my blog into a pregnancy and parenting blog, but forgive me if I fail. Over the remaining months I'll be back in Australia blogging about life back home so I hope to have lots of fun and different things to share.  

5 comments:

Emily ohhhsweetturkey said...

I am so excited for you! It is scary and difficult put so so so beautiful. Please feel free to ask me if you might have any questions or concerns. My blog kind of turned into the preganacy and parenting blog- but it consumes you.
Wish you the best!

Ayak said...

It's such an exciting time. Don't worry if motherhood is the way your blog goes...it's your blog and I think we should use this medium to write about what's important to us as individuals.
Anyway I'm pretty sure I bore everyone rigid about my grandson on my blog, but it's part of me and my life...just as your baby is part of your's.
Enjoy these wonderful moments.

Stranger said...

Lucky! I didn't show till I was about to pop, which meant no one would give up their seats on public transport unless I asked (then 20 people would, which made me too shy to ask).

Good luck with everything!

siobhan said...

I've been out of the blogosphere for a while. Wow! Fantastic news. Congratulations. Are you going to have the baby back home?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations. I hope everything works out well for you. With so much genetic diversity that is one lucky baby. :)