Friday, 2 May 2008

Günaydin for Lunch

We went to Günaydin which in Turkish means 'Good morning'. But Günaydin is good for lunch and dinner and I must say I had the most amazing lunch there, some of the best Turkish food I have eaten to date.

We started off meze of with mini findik lahmacun (small Turkish style pizza with nuts), Erzincan Tulum Peyniri (flakey style cheese served with fresh walnuts),patlıcan salata (eggplant salad), antep patlıcan dolma (stuffed eggplant) and gavurdağ salata (chopped salad served with nuts and pomegranite juice). The following dish, antep peynir, was a cheese specialty dish that was served in a clay pot and the cheese was hot; almost like hot mozzeralla balls. Then we had the main which consisted of kebab- all types; chicken, adana kebab, lamb chops and köfte.

Dessert followed (of course!) by which time I was splitting at the sides, but of course, there is always the 'dessert stomach'. We indulged in a large shared portion of Gaziantep Katmer tatlısı. It is a pastry dish filled with chopped nuts from Gaziantep area of Turkey (South east) and served with dondurma (ice cream).



Turkish coffe followed with tiny cubes of Turkish delight just to really send the calorie intake overboard. Hence, I did not eat dinner and once back at the office needed a kip under the desk. We left totally stuffed but so very satisfied.

No comments: