Saturday, 3 May 2008

Hubwear

I was browsing something the other day and came across the above site, Hubwear, that make specialty t-shirts for those regular travellers who spend time in airports or for those who live between cities. The t-shirt displays two airport codes on the front and back of them, for example MEL (Melbourne) JFK (John F. Kennedy NY)on the front and the reverse on the back, JFK MEL.

This is the creator's story which I think is so cool.

My fascination with airports started when I was little. My family went to London Heathrow all the time. But we never actually flew anywhere – we’d just go to Terminal 3, and then come home again.

I was born in Burma and moved to England when I was young. Every year we had lots of Burmese visitors. Each one meant a trip to an airport, without ever getting on a plane.

For me, this was just unfair. I grew up being teased by Heathrow Terminal 3, excited at the possibilities of travel to foreign countries, always so tantalizingly close.

These days I live in Chicago, and travel often. My work has taken me around the world and back again. So now, airports have a new meaning. It’s good to leave, but it’s good to come home.

My route is ORD-LHR.

—George


Giving my two homes, I was thinking to get MEL-IST/ IST-MEL on a t-shirt. I thought it was a really cool and creative idea.

No comments: