Saturday, 2 August 2008

The price of fish

On a recent supermarket trip, I was amazed with the price of fish. Kenan said that the prices were so good because most people are out of Istanbul and not shopping and in order to move stock, they reduce the prices. I was thoroughly impressed and we purchased a load of fish for the freezer for the coming weeks.



İstavrit, small fish, 4.90YTL per kilo


Salmon cutlets 9.90YTL per kilo
Large whole salmon from Norway, 8.90YTL per kilo


Çıpra per piece 1.35YTL. Süper bargain!!











Other bargains to be had were on karpuz (watermelon) and yeşil zeytin (green olives). Check out those prices!








Still though, the price of rice milk or soy milk is so outrageous that I just don't buy it! 8.40YTL!!

I wonder if you can still get bargains in Australia? I know generally that prices there have risen for the basic necessities, but what about things like fish and meat, I wonder. It will be interesting to see when I am back there in January.

No comments: