Monday, 13 October 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Siobhan from her blog realmotherhood and so I should answer the questions from the Aging meme that appeared on the blog of nobel savage, who originally tagged Siobhan. So, here goes.


At a certain age women should accept their age and appearance and age gracefully.


At a certain age men should stop driving like lunatics.


When I was a kid I thought I would travel the world.


Now that I am older I wish to see more.


You know you are too old to stay out all night when you are wishing you could take off your stiletto heels and are dreaming of your bed at 11pm.


You know you are too young to go nightclubbing when you have to use your older sisters id to get in.


When I was in high school I listened to the music of Backstreet Boys, Whitney Houston, Boyz II Men, JLo, New Kids on the Block, Britney (Baby one more time!), Bon Jovi, R.E.M, Snoop Doggy Dogg, anything rap, hip hop or R&B.


Nowadays I find I like the music of Madonna, Kylie, Hills, Turkish acoustic music, French/Turkish hip hop (nothing much changes) and whatever is on the radio.


On my last birthday I turned 30. I was more focused on celebrating my birthday back home four days later in Melbourne with my family and friends. On the day, I worked all day and went to dinner with my husband and sister-in-law.

On my next birthday I will do something for myself.


The best birthday present I ever got was a surprise birthday party thrown by my friend Kate when I was living in London. All my work friends were there as well as my other London based friends. It was the best surprise to see a big group of my friends in the one place to celebrate my birthday. I even cried.


The first time I felt grown up was when I told a Family Law client that it was 'OK' to leave her husband in order to protect herself and her child.


The last time I felt like a kid was when I went to Disneyland in Anaheim and spun around in a tea cup.


When I read A Purpose Driven Life it changed my life.


Last year was a challenge, but also exciting. It was also the beginning of a new chapter in my life here.


Next year I hope to see my family and maybe start my own.


I tag my sister and verity.

1 comment:

siobhan said...

Enjoyed reading the meme. Love your blog too. You have some great photographt