The place we went to was set up for people to go and have a bbq but the unique thing about this place is that it provides everything from the bbq itself, meat, salad and drinks. It's kind of a strange concept to an Australian who would usually go to a bbq in their own backyard or a friends, however, for most Turks who may only have a balcony or small garden, it's a great way to barbeque in the great outdoors without smoking out your neighbours.
It was beautiful to sit outside with my toes in the grass with trees all around with the smell of grilling meat, tomatoes and peppers filling the air. We were served fresh yoghurt and salad and after the meal we had our own çay samovar set up next to our table where we had endless tea on tap. It was a really nice change from going to a restaurant and enjoying the great outdoors!
4 comments:
Hmmmm....I love barbeques. My husband and I live in Istanbul and we have a small balcony that we grill on. My hubby's cooking always gets the neighbors poking their heads out of their windows to ask us what we're cooking. I love it!
What a great concept oids!! Such a nice change from the burbs I'm sure. Great pics too! xxx
I would not mind having that concepts in Australia.
Taking a trip to the Dandenongs, then finding someone to provide the BBQ and meat. Cook, eat and enjoy, then leave the mess for someone else to clean up.
Great idea.
:)
looks iddilic! glad to see you getting out and about in the sun. it's all cold and rain here!
Post a Comment