Thursday, 11 June 2009

Packages in the mail!


I love getting mail.


Yesterday I received a package from my mum with the most recent copy of The Australian Women's Weekly, a hand written letter and photo of mum and a couple of friends. I also received a beautiful handmade card from my sister.


Immediately my mood lifted and I felt a rush of excitement and happiness. It's amazing what the small things can do.


The postage cost more than double that of the magazine, but I'm sure she knows how much I appreciate it!


I sat up in bed last night and read the magazine cover to cover twice, including all the adverts. It was great and I felt back in the loop with the Australian tabloid gossip and goings on.


Today I also received my first copy of Glamour in replacement of my subscription to Domino which went out of business earlier this year. Foreign magazines cost so much here, sometimes four or fives times that of the marked price so I decided to invest in a couple of subscriptions. I also signed up for Jamie Oliver's cooking magazine which I should receive next month.


I'm hoping that may encourage more cooking and more time in the kitchen for me. We'll see.

3 comments:

Verity said...

I've been wondering if a subscription is worth it - I always end up looking at the price of the imported mags and then buying a turkish one -thinking that it will be good for improving my Turkish then I just end up looking at the photos!

ohhhsweetturkey said...

Have you had luck always receiving your subscriptions? My parents got me National Geographic which I was soooo excited about but it has been months and haven't received one. Not sure if it is a problem on the magazine's end or the Turkish mail? So sad! How is jamie oliver's cooking mag? I just got a new kitchen and am eager to get cooking too! Take care!

renai said...

I really like getting magazines that I can read and enjoy. That's why I signed up for Domino, only for them to go out of business. Now I get a trash mag each month, and every second month Jamie Oliver mag arrives. I received my first copy and was very pleasantly surprised that I sent an email to the editor. The mag is jam packed full of recipes, foodie stories and a weekly meal planner fold out!! It's on thick recycled paper and it's something I can always refer to and won't go out of fashion like a fashion mag. It is a great purchase. It cost about TL 90 or so for a yearly bi-monthly subscription. It's not cheap, but it makes me happy and hopefully a better cook!