Sunday, 4 May 2008

Lazy weekend breakfasts




I love breakfast with Kenny on the weekends. It's always quite the spread and we take it in turns to prepare it while one of us trudges up the hill to the newspaper stand and bakal to collect papers and bread and on the way back grabs a few simit from the simit cart parked outside the real estate agents office.

Usually breakfast is a mix of olives; green and black, an assortment of cheese; including blue and standard kaşar cheese similar to Australian everyday cheddar, tomatoes and cucumbers, green peppers chargrilled over open flame on the stove top, fresh boiling çay; salam or pastirma and some vegemite in a tube to squeeze all over the fresh white bread or simit. This weekend he made his famous egg salad with red chilli flakes, parsely and a bit of olive oil- very tasty.

There we read our weekend installment of news and gossip; Ken reads Hurriyet, Sabah or Vatan and I read my favourite Today's Zaman or Sunday's Zaman; always the expat column first!

It is such a nice peaceful start to the day. Also this weekend we had our new 40 something inch flat screen LCD HD 25 billion contrast something-or-rather installed plus Digiturk HD box. Needless to say, Ken was a happy man!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Egg salad sounds delicious, how come I haven't tasted this yet? Nice posts oids xx

renai said...

Hmm, not sure. But so easy Oids. Boil up eggs. Slice them up. Add red chilli flakes some parsley and bit of olive oil, squeeze of lemon and voila!! Its yum!

Ardent said...

Renai, I am making this Egg salad for breakfast on Sunday.

Are the eggs sliced or mashed? Because the remnants that are stuck to the bowl look small. I will let you know what the family thinks of this dish.
:)

renai said...

Great Ardent! Its so tasty. Ken just cuts them however really. They end up in bits though as they are not fully rock hard boiled. Yum yum. Let me know what you think. Afiyet olsun!

Ardent said...

Renai, I made the Egg salad on the week end. It was delicious.
Thanks.