So much has happened in those two years. Lots of laughs, tears, fun, challenges, frustrations, joy, excitement and anxiety. It has also been a time of learning, understanding, acceptance and assimilation. Two weddings, trips to Australia, Greece, France and Singapore. A new job. A new home. A new car. New friends. New family. New language. New ways of life.
This week though I faced the most difficult challenge since being away from home. I suffered a loss. For me, it was huge. It has tested me in ways that I never knew possible. It has made me ask questions of myself. It has made me look at things from a different perspective. It has made me look at my life and my future in a way I never thought I would have to, ever. But most of all it has changed me.
6 comments:
oh oids, i love you xxx
love your new banner too, great memories!!!
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's at tough times like this that we may question what the hell we are doing so far from home. But it doesn't matter where we are but who we are with.
Geçmiş olsun
Oids, I have tears reading your post. You are an honest and inspiring friend and I love you very much. xoxoxoxox
I am sorry for your loss! I am glad to hear you have so much love and support around you! I am also a little over two years in Turkey and coming up on my one year anniversary in June. Isn't life crazy where it takes us. I never thought this would be my life but we both seem fortunate to have found true love! These have been some of the most blessed and hardest years of my life!
In regards to your comment on my "burasi Turkiye" post I also can't get my head around not telling my father-in-law about his cancer but it definetly is cultural accepted as the best path. Different mentalities make it all so interesting!
kendine iyi bak..
hi,
its been a long while i havent read your blog.i loved the photo on the top and loved this post,too.
see ya!
Post a Comment